At the heart of the Parallel Wireless software-based solution is our Open RAN Aggregator which logically sits between Radio Access Network (RAN) and core network. The Parallel Wireless Open RAN solution utilizes standard backhaul and provides more robustness by its split functionality. Parallel Wireless Open RAN Solution simplifies overall network deployment and operations by:
- Abstracting different RANs towards core networks
- Reducing signaling and complexity by abstracting different RANs
- Optimizing all RAN functionalities vertically and horizontally (across different technologies)
- Enabling network component virtualization across all different network technologies
- Abstracting the RAN and core networks
- Promoting modular approach makes it possible to add new features and capabilities as needed
The Parallel Wireless Open RAN Aggregator provides aggregation for all RAN interfaces towards core and acts as a gateway for all RAN interfaces. This helps abstracting RAN and Core from each other. Improves user experience through optimized mobility and paging management. Simplifies migration through integrated coexistence and operation. Provides Secure Infrastructure and enables access and core network security.