Multi-Operator Core Networks (MOCN)
The MOCN capability on the network software can enable Private LTE network deployments:
- The OpenRAN Controller and network software act as a router for different operator core networks connecting subscribers.
- Routing criteria includes PLMN, SIM Id per user-based (white list, black list, database trigger) etc.
- Lists may be merged, propagated, and/or shared mutually or unilaterally among multiple instances of the software
- IMSI-based routing: the software matches the profiles as per given priority and execute the rules for the matching subscriber (conflicting rules to within the same profile are not allowed).
- Options include local breakout capability for private network and the software can apply routing functionality to enable separate IOT core.