5G 4G 3G 2G Wi-Fi OpenRAN Controller
By disaggregating hardware and software, the Parallel Wireless OpenRAN software platform creates a unified architecture through abstraction of traditional RAN and core network functions on a COTS server for all outdoor or indoor deployment scenarios. It brings 5G software benefits (i.e. low latency and network slicing) across the network for ALL G (2G/3G/4G/5G), resulting in:
- G Agility: a unified software-enabled architecture for past, present, and future Gs
- Deployment flexibility for 5G, 4G, 4G, 2G through consolidation of network functions and RAN/core interfaces
- Interoperability across RAN and core through fully 3GPPP compliant virtualized interfaces, enabling interop between all vendors and allowing for modernization of networks or selection of best of breed for 5G
- Real-time responsiveness to subscriber needs through edge-centric architecture to deliver best performance for voice and data, outdoors or indoors, across 2G/3G/4G/5G, thereby reducing subscriber churn
- OPEX reduction through network automation: with plug-n-play configuration and hands-free optimization, professional services spend on deployment or maintenance is reduced by up to 80% to deliver much lower OPEX across past, present, and 5G networks.
The Parallel Wireless OpenRAN software suite can be deployed as a VNF (it is a Composite VNF, which includes a federation of VMs behaving like a single logical entity). The software is ETSI’s MANO compliant, and agnostic to the underlying data center infrastructure so can use any Intel x86 server, and can be installed with all major market leading hypervisors (Linux KVM, VMware ESXi). It can be managed via any standards-compliant VNF Manager (VNFM), as well as any NFV Orchestrator (NFVO). Partnerships are in place with Intel, RedHat, VMware, HPE, and Dell. SRIOV, DPDK, PCI Passthrough is fully supported.