5G 4G 3G 2G Wi-Fi OpenRAN Aggregator
By disaggregating hardware and virtualized software, the Parallel Wireless OpenRAN software suite creates a unified architecture through abstraction of traditional RAN and core network functions on a COTS server for all outdoor or indoor deployment scenarios. It brings 5G software benefits (i.e. low latency and network slicing) across the network for ALL G (2G/3G/4G/5G), resulting in:
- Unified OpenRAN Controller for 2G/3G/4G/5G, Unlicensed, Wi-Fi: a unified software-enabled architecture for past, present, and future Gs
- Deployment flexibility for 5G, 4G, 4G, 2G through consolidation of network functions and RAN/core interfaces
- End-to-End Network Slicing for All Technologies: enables mobile operators to offer differentiated services to their different customers and markets, with specific SLA, QoS in an economically-viable way across RAN and core through fully 3GPP-compliant interfaces and functionality, enabling interoperability across multiple vendors and allowing for modernization of networks or selection of best-of-breed for 5G
- Cloud-Native Deployments: Parallel Wireless’s fully virtualized, datacenter-agnostic and cloud-native architecture allows mobile operators to take advantage of the most modern web-scale technologies, including hyperscaling, to support the demands and new use cases of upcoming 5G and Wi-Fi6 networks
- Real-time Responsiveness to subscriber needs through edge-centric architecture to deliver best performance for voice and data, outdoors or indoors, across 2G/3G/4G/5G
- Ease of Deployment, Faster Time-to-Market through Network Automation: with plug-n-play configuration and intelligent network optimization, mobile operators are enabled to follow the “fail fast” model to try multiple use cases with much shorter implementation times.
- Reduction in CapEx and OpEx: professional services spent on deployment or maintenance can be reduced by up to 80%. Overall project TCO can see reductions of 60%, when considering lower CapEx and OpEx
The Parallel Wireless OpenRAN Controller (both Real Time and Non-Real Time) can be deployed as a VNF (it is a Composite VNF, namely a federation of VMs or Containers behaving like a single logical entity). The overall solution is compliant with ETSI’s NFVI architecture, agnostic to the underlying data center infrastructure so can use any Intel x86 server. The solution has been certified and deployed with all major market-leading hypervisors. It can be managed via any standards-compliant VNF Manager (VNFM) and NFV Orchestrator (NFVO). Parallel Wireless has a strong partnership ecosystem in place with all leading vendors in the virtualization space.
Examples of deployment scenarios:
- Coverage: providing new RAN coverage to areas without mobile service
- Capacity / Densification: adding capacity to existing 2G/3G/4G networks
- Network modernization: replacing outdated legacy technologies (i.e.: 2G, 3G) with newly virtualized functions, along with newer technologies like 4G and 5G, all with the same architecture
- Network expansion: A use case scenario where a mobile operator deploys Parallel Wireless OpenRAN solution to extend and expand coverage as an addition to an existing network